Ms Evelene Ma
Hello, nice to meet you! I am Evelene. I was born in Hong Kong and migrated to Australia in my high school years. Being exposed to different cultures over the years helps me embrace and appreciate others with different backgrounds from mine. I love listening and talking to people from different paths of life, that makes me feel like reading books written by different authors, which is eye-opening and thought provoking.
Being a clinical psychologist, I have robust professional training and plenty of clinical experiences working with children, adolescents and adults with a variety of presenting problems, including depression, anxiety, parenting difficulties, and relationship issues. All the therapy modalities I deliver in therapy sessions are evidence-based, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT).
It takes courage to share your problems with a stranger. To make your time worthwhile, I always strive to achieve three basic goals in therapy for all of my clients. First, it is always my privilege that I can listen to your sharing. I treasure this by providing a non-judgemental and safe space for you to talk about and reflect on your experiences. Second, we will work together as a team to look at your problems in new perspectives. Third, I hope to help you see that there are other ways out, and you have a choice to make a change.
Areas of My Interests and Therapy Experiences:
- Mood disorders, including depression, bipolar disorders
- Anxiety disorders, including OCD, PTSD, panic disorder
- Other mental health disorders, including ADHD, autism, schizophrenia, psychosis
- Marriage and family relationship problems
- Interpersonal related issues
- Stress and emotion management
- Parenting issues
- Cross-cultural issues
- Pre-Marital/Marital Counselling (Special Package) – Prepare/Enrich Assessment
My Education and Professional Affiliations
- Member, Australian Clinical Psychology Association
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) (Hons)
- Master of Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering (Hons)