2023 晨光通訊三月 FLC Newsletter March
Stay Informed 保持聯絡
If you wish to receive our regular newsletter, please complete the Newsletter Subscription Form and return it to us. Please fill in our Newsletter Subscription Form
March 2023 Newsletter Highlight
Cherrie的分享 Sharing from Cherrie
感恩及代禱 Thanksgiving & Prayer
我們已搬入新的輔導中心 We have moved into our new West Ryde Counselling Centre
致謝 A Note of Appreciation
Sharing from Cherrie
Dear brothers, sisters and friends,
Blessed New Year!
First Light Care (FLC) will celebrate its 25th anniversary this year. I am privileged to participate in the working committee planning this joyous event. As I was looking through the old photos, learning the FLC milestones and hearing many stories Gerald shared with me, I was amazed by how God brought this ministry alive. He has sustained it rain and shine for not a few years but a quarter of a century!
This year, there are many things we are grateful for. Firstly, we have Dr Yixin Jiang Xu joining us as a new therapist. She is a familiar face in our First Light Care family. Over the past few years, she has been running educational seminars and reading groups to equip new parents with skills and knowledge. We are encouraged to see Yixin continuing her Clinical Psychology Master’s program in the midst of her busyness looking after her young daughter.
Secondly, Evelene, Jason and I will take turns regularly creating new content on our social media platforms. In this way, we hope to keep pace with the times and reach out to the younger generation, new migrants and netizens. Please keep us in your prayers as we venture out of our comfort zones, as none of us is tech-savvy.
Thirdly, I would like to share that I am deeply grateful to receive an offer to study in a Clinical Psychology Master’s program this year. With God’s help, I believe this will equip me to be a better therapist. I will continue working at First Light Care in individual therapy and educational seminars throughout this year. Also, I will try a new way to run seminars via on-demand settings, allowing participants to access the content at their own time in a designated month.
Last but not least, we are grateful that our new centre in West Ryde is now ready for operation. If you get a chance to visit our newly renovated centre and our soon-to-be-released new website, you will notice quite a few updates and upgrades. Despite all the efforts and changes to make this ministry more effective and efficient, something never changes. You got it! That’s our Vision - to walk alongside, comfort and strengthen individuals and families with the love of Christ in a professional counselling setting. We pray that God will use this caring ministry to channel His love, care, wisdom, healing and comfort in the community.
Thank you so much for your support in partnering with us in this ministry! May our God’s love, joy and peace dwell in your hearts through faith in this new year.
最後，我們十分感恩晨光已在West Ryde新會址開始了營運。你們如有空來探訪我們嶄新裝修的中心，以及瀏覽我們即將推出的全新網頁，必會發現當中有不少更新和改進。儘管我們竭盡所能作出轉變，努力地提高事工的效能與效率，但是，有一件事情是永遠都不會改變的。是！就是本着基督的大愛，堅守着我們的願景 - 透過專業的輔導及教育服務，與個人和家庭分享從基督而來的安慰和力量。我們祈望神會透過晨光的服侍，向社羣傳送祂的大愛、關懷、智慧、治療和撫慰。
感恩及代禱 Thanksgiving & Prayer
- We are pleased and thankful that after the completion of renovation, the new in West Ryde Centre is now operational. We give our sincere thanks to everyone who has provided us with generous donations and offered professional help to enable FLC to serve the community from these new premises.
- We are thankful for the help and support FLC has received in the past 25 years since our counselling ministry began in 1998. We pray for your continuing support and partnership with our ministry in the years ahead.
- Please pray for counsellors Mrs Cherrie Liu and Dr Yixin Jiang Xu who are undertaking their Masters of Clinical Psychology training programs this year to further equip themselves for better service to the community.
- Please pray for counsellors Cherrie, Evelene and Jason as they start creating new content on our social media platforms to reach out to the younger generation, new migrants and netizens.
- Please pray for the service of the experienced pastors involved in the Pastors Renewal Ministry. May God use and bless their labour in the Lord, so that the younger generation of serving pastors may receive additional support and help.
- 晨光在West Ryde 新的輔導中心裝修工程完成後, 現已投入使用，我們感到很高興並為此感恩。 我們衷心感謝所有給予我們捐款和專業幫助的人，讓晨光能從這個新的輔導中心更完善地服事社羣。
- 我們為晨光輔導事工自 1998 年成立至今, 這25 年來不斷得到的幫助和支持而感恩。我們祈求在未來的歲月裡, 您們都會在各方面支持晨光的事工, 並繼續與我們同工合作。
- 請為輔導員 Cherrie、Evelene 和 Jason 在晨光的社交媒體平台上創造新內容，以接觸年輕一代、新移民和網民一事代禱。
We have moved into our new West Ryde Counselling Centre.
A Note of Appreciation 致謝
We are pleased to inform you that the renovation of our New Centre at Anzac Avenue in West Ryde is complete and we are gradually open to face-to-face service.
We are very grateful for the generosity and response of many friends of FLC to our appeal for sponsorship and donation in equipping our new centre.
We would like to gratefully acknowledge the support of the following companies who have helped by subsidising some of the renovation expenses of the new centre.
我們很高興地通知您，晨光位於West Ryde Anzac Ave 新中心的裝修工程已經完成，我們將逐步開放面對面的服務。
Mandarin Seminars 國語研討會
讲员：宋晓玲女士 Ms Joy Song
主辦: 晨光關懷協會 協辦: 五加2基督教平台及澳洲基督教播道會活石堂
Life and death is something everyone has to face, including children. When their loved ones or beloved pets pass away, how should we tell our children? How can we guide them to cope with death and express their grief?
Married couples or most people who are in love long for a fairytale ending and to live a happy life. It is not impossible to make this dream come true. In this special lecture, we will discuss the four most common causes of relationship breakdown, and four effective ways to enhance the relationship.
晨光關懷協會 及 澳洲基督教播道會靈福堂 婦女團契
English Parenting Webinars
1. Bonding with Your Child in the Early Years (0-3 yrs)
3. Circle of Security Parenting (Abbreviated course)
4. The Why and How of Reading to Infants and Toddlers (0-3 yrs)
5. Healthy Screen Time for Young Children (0-5 yrs)