2022 晨光通訊三月 FLC Newsletter March
Stay Informed 保持聯絡
If you wish to receive our regular newsletter, please complete the Newsletter Subscription Form and return it to us. Please fill in our Newsletter Subscription Form
March 2022 Newsletter Highlight
(Please see pdf for full details)
A Word from the Centre Director
Dear brothers, sisters and friends,
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4)
Our faith and perseverance have really been tested by the pandemic and lockdowns in the last two years. We hope you and your family are well and have coped well with the challenges. We have served more people with mental health, marriage and family problems last year as the community experienced enormous stress from the yet-to-end pandemic and other problems in the world.
We welcome the fact that COVID-19 restrictions have been easing in Australia in the past few months because of the increased vaccination rate. However, it would still be better to be prudent and continue to take health precautions. This will minimise the chance of infection and serious health problems which may be caused by the virus to a small number of infected people. Some of our family members and friends caught the virus recently, but thankfully they all have recovered quickly and fully.
Many people we know have gone through trials and hard times recently. We are saddened by the passing in January of Chi On, husband of our dear colleague Winnie. We hope and pray that Winnie and her daughter can find comfort in the memories and celebration of his life, and strength from God’s unfailing love.
Our ministry has not stood still because of the pandemic. My sincere thanks go to the experienced pastors who are involved in the planning of further development of the Pastors Renewal Ministry for their dedication and support of this ministry. As for this year, we shall look beyond the pandemic with faith and purpose when we continue to develop and manage all the services of our ministry with care and diligence.
We are especially pleased that with counsellors Cherrie, Winnie, Evelene and Jason on the team, our counselling service has been strengthened to serve the community. We shall continue to build up the professional capability and experience of our team of counsellors to better serve our clients for now and in the future.
We are so thankful that renovation of our new permanent counselling centre in West Ryde will be underway soon. We ask you to join us in prayer for sufficient financial and professional help and support for setting up the new centre that will serve the community well into the years to come.
When the new centre is available for service later this year, more adaptive online and face-to-face services will be made available as the risk of pandemic further reduces. In the meantime, we continue to provide our counselling and education programs online. Delivering our services online, commencing due to the pandemic, has been well received by most of our clients.
We are also thankful that we can work in partnership in different education and training programs with Chinese Theological College Australia and Hope Holistic Care this year. We are pleased to be given the opportunity to support the training of theological students and the development of the aged care ministry in Sydney. We are encouraged by the many Christians devoting their lives to serve in different ministries to meet different needs of the Christian community and the community at large. We treasure the opportunity to work with them and learn from them.
May the grace and peace of the Lord be upon you and your family!
我們認識的人當中，最近都遇到不少考驗，也經歷了種種困難。今年一月，我們同工 Winnie 的丈夫智安不幸過世。我們深深哀悼，同時希望也禱告 Winnie 與女兒，在神永續不移的大愛中獲得力量，也從對智安一生的回憶及頌揚中覓得寛慰。
我們的輔導團隊陣容加強，成員計有 Cherrie, Winnie, Evelene 與 Jason，我們會不懈地為輔導團隊提升專業效能和累積經驗，以期在未來為有需要的人提供更優良的服務，更有效地服務社群。
我們感謝Chinese Theological College Australia 和 Hope Holistic Care今年在不同的教育或訓練項目中與我們合作。我們也樂見有機會在教導神學學員，以及在發展悉尼的長者事工上盡一分力。對於眾多基督徒以服務不同事工為畢生奉獻，致力支援基督社群以及廣大社會，我們也深受鼔舞。我們珍惜與他們一起工作的機會，也虛心向他們學習。
(Anna Ng 譯 )
Please prayerfully support raising funds for renovation of our new counselling centre
感恩及代禱 Thanksgiving & Prayer
1. Please pray for our counsellor Dr Winnie Chan and her family. We are all saddened by the passing of her husband. May God’s grace, comfort and strength be with them in this time of grief!
2. We are thankful that renovation of the new permanent counselling centre in West Ryde will be underway soon. We sincerely ask you to pray for sufficient financial and professional help and support for setting up this new centre that will serve the community well into the future.
3. Please pray for more regular donations to help support our current financial needs this year. We have already accumulated a deficit of $82,000 as of 31 January 2022, seven months into the current financial year.
4. Please pray for the team of experienced pastors who serve on the Pastors Renewal Ministry (PRM) as they develop this important ministry to support the serving pastors in Australia.
PRM members include: Pastor Dr Devin Yu, Rev Dr KC Hung, Rev Joseph Fung, Dr Nancy Fung, Rev Timothy Leung and Rev Dennis To. (Please browse: https://www.firstlightcare.org.au/pastors-renewal-ministry)
2. 我們為新的West Ryde永久輔導中心即將開始進行的裝修工程而感恩。 我們誠摯地請求您為這裝修工程能得到足夠的財政和專業幫助祈禱和支持，以建立這個長期服務社區的新中心。
4. 請為教牧更新事工的教牧團隊禱告。團隊成員包括: 余大峰博士傳道，洪國智博士牧師，馮約瑟牧師，馮陳念恩博士師母，梁錦洪牧師與杜偉雄牧師。他們正在發展這個重要的事工，以支持澳大利亞在職服事的牧師們。(請瀏覽: https://www.firstlightcare.org.au/pastors-renewal-ministry)
Cantonese Seminars 粵語研討會
1. 如何避免婚姻出軌 Extra-Marital Affairs: Causes and Prevention
2. 你常常感到寂寞嗎? Always Feeling Lonely?
Mandarin Seminars 國語研討會
2. 了解孩子性格 提升学习兴趣
1. 如何關懷長者心理的需要 How to Provide Psychological Care to Elderly People
關懷長者課程 - 展望全人護理主辦 晨光關懷協會協辦
Aged Care Course - Hosted by Hope Holistic Care & Supported by First Light Care
報名截止日期 Closing Date： 04/05/2022
查詢及報名請聯絡展望全人護理 For enquiries and bookings, please contact Hope Holistic Care. 電誥Phone: (02) 7228 1369 / www.hopehc.org.au